Help

Forum >> Help >> Recommended Level   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Any suggestions on where to assign Gutierrez?

He's 25, so auto recommended for ML. Last season before the flip, he was recommended for A. I'm leaning towards just promoting him to AA... but I was wondering if others might disagree. Should he stay in A since that's the highest recommendation he received naturally? Should he be in AAA because it's the highest level that isn't ML?

I'm definitely not open to playing a 9/15 guy in the majors right now.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If a player isn't ready for some role in the majors at 25, he isn't worth keeping around. He only has three more seasons of good training available and the majors is the best place to get most of that training. Added that he needs experience to perform to his capability at the ML level too.

I'd cut him or bring him up personally.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I know:

1. He'll hurt my team if I play him as he is right now

2. Not all players should be promoted to the majors just because they're 25.

I thought:

1. Players don't get "training" in the majors anyway? Just experience and training comes from the minors.

2. It might be worth seeing what development could be squeezed out of him. I have the roster room where I can afford to keep him around for now.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Actually they do get a little training in the majors. Just not as much as being at their recommended level.

I would say he needs to be promoted by the end of this year at a minimum. So you could try to slide him through your minor system this year and see how he develops.

Just be prepared for disappointment. Guys like this seldom pan out unless someone sacrifices at the major league level, and like you said, its probably not worth it for you.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My plan is to observe him through Spring Training and work him in the majors sparingly in cases where I don't expect it to hurt.

If he looks like he could be serviceable by the time I find myself needing to cut players to draft new ones, I'll keep him around and cut someone else... if he looks like he's never going to work for my team, I'll cut him at that time.

I just wasn't sure if starting at AA is a good idea or not.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Seems like the right level to start him. Also, if you have him in the majors and don't manage to get playing time for him in any given week, you can always send him down for the training update.

Given your Cup pool is rough, The cup would be a good time to get him some major league playing time.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Your guys looks like a guy I picked up off waivers, stuck in A ball when he hit 25 and I asked the same question.

From what I remember I was told to either give him major league experience and hopefully he'll hit 120, or drop him.

I've been playing by guy in the majors and while he has sucked, I won league 6 in his first season, and missed promoting to league 4 in the last series by a game or 2.

I'm hoping at some point he can start hitting before he declines, but at that point I doubt it. I'll still stick with him though.

Maybe that'll give you a perspective on how he might do. Or maybe not, who knows.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
13 SI a season is amazing for a hitter. I think your decision is working out the best for him as it possibly could (though maybe not the best for your team as a whole)

Previous Page | Show All |