Help

Forum >> Help >> Backup positions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
i see there is strong positions like 'OF' and backup positions like 'of'. Is it possible to train someone, lets say a minor player about 20 years, from zero to strong position?
Or is it like the new learned positions will remain weak (like 'of') forever?
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There are degrees of experience... it goes from nothing to small letters to big letters.

Yes, big letters can be achieved in the minors. It might take up to 4-5 seasons for this to happen though and in some cases, they don't get it before promoting but can get it in the majors if they continue to play that position.

here
is an example of a player who has 2 positions with capital letters. He started off as OF, got 3b at 25 and now has 3B (although he's very low end of 3B, since the graph still lists his experience as 1 and not 2)
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for answer CrazyLi.
That Jaramillo 3baseman, isnt it amazing that he is still amazing outfielder but he has hardly been on outfield for 5 years..
anyway, so i still need to be patient..ive been drafting just potential not considering my positional needs, so now theres too many catchers, too few quality pitchers.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Once you master a position, you just need some maintenance to keep it from slipping.

Though Jaramillo has been an exclusive 3B this season, he had as much time in OF as 3B last season which kept his OF abilities up. Of course if he doesn't get some more outfield time soon, he'll probably go down to 'of'.

When you draft, it's a good idea to find the best position for someone to play based on their Arm/Range/Scouted Fielding... and if that position is the one they're already listed at, then find the 2nd best option and train them in that.

Just about every minors guy I have is multi-position just in case I end up with 2 good players at the same position... I have options.

Previous Page | Show All |