Help

Forum >> Help >> offseason   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Bebop

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
With the year ending and me being a new manager I'd like some advice. I'm dropping down to league six. What all should be be looking to do...through spring training or whatever else. Or any advice on what to improve on my team. Just trying to figure out what all I should do to maximum success. Thanks
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
At LL-6 its an optimal time to rebuild. Be looking to get innings to young promising players you want to be your stars of tomorrow. Don't be afraid to pick up good 25 year old pitching prospects who are underdeveloped. If you can get them a bunch of innings next year, they will make huge gains in SI.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Make a bunch of waiver claims on good players and as you start winning claims, dump guys who are going nowhere. I see a 9 POT guy (Vazquez). Should be the first to go. After you've replaced your 11 POT and under guys with players from your minors or waiver claims, you may look at getting rid of older declining players anywhere you have a prospect to play that position who you think will be better. If you're not sure, don't be afraid to ask the board if we think Prospect X should replace Oldtimer Y.

You have a lot of players in your minors who will never be good, so don't forget to clean that up too. You can make plenty of room for next year's draft picks that way in case you get lucky and find more than a few keepers.

But mostly look for hitters who can hit (or have the potential to) and pitchers who can pitch (again or have the potential to) and pick them up to beef up your roster.

For hitters, try to find what positions you're lacking quality talent at and get good hitters who can play those positions. Remember that a guy may not be good at his listed position and that anyone can learn any position. If the player is in the minors, figure out his ideal position and train him there so he'll know it by the time he gets to the majors.
punkska

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm new too. I have about 7 players in my whole organisation I want to keep so I'll be going crazy with the free agency / waiver offers :D

Good posts above. Most of it fairly common sense, but good to see common sense is a decent start to managing in this game ;)

The main difference I've found from other similar games so far is that games against bots aren't auto wins for human teams. My first sign I'm doing a good(ish) job will be consistently beating those teams...

What day are managers / free agents available to sign again? I'm hoping for either before Sunday, or after Tuesday. I'm away and likely not online much then, will be annoying if I miss a key bit of season.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
If you check the "Events" link in the left-hand menu, you can follow the events leading up to the flip/free agency reopening. The event marking the re-opening of free agency should become visible after today's or tomorrow's games run. Just keep in mind, it can sometimes be a bit off depending on what Steve's up to at the time. Good luck and happy hunting o/
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Based on previous trends, I would expect it to be scheduled for Sunday, but Steve running it manually on Saturday.

Previous Page | Show All |