Help

Forum >> Help >> max innings per season for pitchers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Has anyone had experience with their ace starter getting used up late in the season?

My ace starter is just getting rocked his last few starts. He leads the team with 263 innings pitched. The same sort of thing happened last season to him so this season I didn't have him pitching during cup matches.

Opinions? Do you think this is a fluke or could it be that some or all pitchers that see a lot of innings will tire as the season goes on?
How many innings has your top guy pitched?

Note: all season long we use a four or five (inter div. play) man rotation and he hasn't missed a start nor has he ever pitched without full bars for stamina.

Thanks!!
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I think it's probably because their just pitching without a full bar of stamina or it could be because of your defense.

My top guy has pitched 246.1 innings and he's doing well right now.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I run 5-man, so my guys don't get more than 230-245 IP a season... but I don't see a trend that ties performance to point in the season...

I mean in October of last season, a lot of my starters would fall apart in the 7th and 8th innings of nearly every game...

That happened again this season but in September instead and now that it's October, they're doing fine late innings.

Random variance.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Freddy your ace is obviously a dud and must be replaced immediately.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
People read WAY too much into a string of bad starts.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's easy to panic when you're in a slump. "Why is this suddenly happening? What am I doing wrong? Can I change it?"

Maybe you even turn your ballcap inside-out if that will help.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
lol at the replies.

As mentioned in the original post he had a full energy bar every start.

Nobody is reading WAY to much into anything..just asking for opinions but thanks for the useless negativity. We really need an ignore feature here to tune out certain posters. Always the same ones too. smh

It seemed possible to me that there could actually be a setting in there (other than the energy bar) to help prevent us from using the heck out of the same pitcher. Why? Because Steve works hard to make things as realistic as he can within reason. Also I though I recalled him once saying injuries can be more frequent after throwing too many pitches in a game. So I was just asking if anyone else had ever noticed a similar trend.

Thanks Crazy LI for actually giving an opinion.
I appreciate it.

lol @ JJNZ excellent idea but maybe I'll give him one more shot.
Could just be random or an off year as his HR's are up and walks are way up. Or maybe he pitches better in the first half of the season the same way some hitters consistently hit lefties way better than righties.

dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Have you looked at his form? Maybe he was very hot at the start and is now very cold.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Unless he is coming off Tommy John surgery I wouldn't worry too much about his inning total. :)
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
As a serious reply - I think it would be realistic to expect players to go off at various points at the season, and fatigue could well be a factor into it. Juarez, my ace generally starts off very slowly but finishes very strongly in my 4 full seasons of having him, so could be a hidden factor, could be random.

Still, trade Adkins to Missoula!

Previous Page | Show All |