Help

Forum >> Help >> Will he hit his potential?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
HoHoTDoG

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This guy is 24 and already in AAA, just wondering if you guys think he can hit his potential.. should I keep him in the minors next season? I think it'll say he'll be major league ready next season if I am not mistaken..
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Call him up and give him as many innings as you can. That way he can more pops on Fridays. If you're not competing for anything this year, bring him up this year.

He'll be recommended for the majors once he's 25.
HoHoTDoG

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm currently 11 games ahead of 2nd and my magic number is 19.. I think I'll call him up for the rest of this year...

My pitching isn't that great minus my closer and Snyder so he could get some looks...

thanks

Updated Saturday, January 9 2016 @ 5:23:30 pm PST
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Do: let him get experience at the end of the season (now) if you're not afraid of him hurting you. Have him pitch as many innings as possible to get the most out of the last couple updates.

Do: Make sure he gets some spring training games in next season

Don't: Use him in the majors at 25 if you don't feel he's ready. A starting pitcher can gain 20 SI a season his first couple seasons in the majors... but Hull's stamina is a little low to be a SP right now (this could of course change before the start of the season, but he's unlikely to grow that much).

If he's objectively better than your worst pitcher in the majors for next season's roster anyway, go ahead and use him... but I'd hold him back in the minors another season if he's going to hurt you. He still might gain a bit of training and you can call him up once you think he'll last long enough in his outings to get actual experience.

A pitcher won't grow well if he only makes 4-5 2-inning appearances a week. The magic number here seems to be 20IP or better.

Previous Page | Show All |