Help

Forum >> Help >> Is there any hope of reaching full potential?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I picked up a player back in April of this season, Jimmy Van Houten, who has 14 POT, but was already 26 and had taken the field in the big leagues, a negligent owner kept him in the minors. Anyways, I have given him as much play time as he can handle and he has developed fairly well in about 7 or 8 updates (Especially in hitting, plate discipline, and power :) ) However, since he is going to be 27 next season and will only have about a 91 or 92 SI, is it possible that he could reach his potential or get very close to it by the end of his age 28 season? I have other guys I could be developing right now as I have a very young team and if he's only going to top at 100 or 105, I don't see the point in further trying to develop him.

Also, should I just drop this guy? When my team sucked two seasons ago, I picked him up as an experiment knowing there was almost zero chance of successful development. I am happy with his 28-30 SI boost in two seasons, but since there is a good chance I'm moving up to division V next season, is it worth keeping him?

Updated Saturday, January 9 2016 @ 11:01:01 am PST
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Advantages:
++ Switch Hitter [great to have on any roster]

+ Good hitter report [even if he doesn't max scouting should need up with at least 14 hitting]

+ Decent Slugger Report [good report as well... should end up with at at least 14 as well]

+ Low Arm [good for 1B... okay for 2B. Great as a DH]

Negs

-Range [great for 2B, not as great at 1B. But not the worst thing in the world]

- Fielding [might end up with loads of it... great for 2B, not for 1B]

--- 6'8" [tall people are evil. Fact.]

Overall

I think he'll be fine. At 26 there is enough room to get close to POT and he should be a good enough bat while trying to get there. I'd keep him personally.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If you give Jimmy regular AB's, he can get really close to his POT. I have a few players that have never reached their POT and they're better than some players that have reached their POT.

About Hector, if you give him lots of innings, you have a chance for him to reach his POT.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed that both are worth keeping, while the pitcher may not reach his full potential, he'll still make plenty more good gains over the next season or two, and is pitching productively for you at the moment. You'll probably get 5 seasons out of him, and 3-4 out of Jimmy
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Van Houten is 22 SI away from POT 14. Villalobos is 37 SI away. If they both continue to develop at good rates it is still possible for both of them to reach POT 14. Less likely for Villalobos since he already has two seasons, and it looks like he wasn't really ready to come up at 25, but still possible.

Villalobos seems to be pitching well. I don't see any obvious reason to drop him right now. Van Houten should continue to develop, although he might be 29 or 30 before his manages to max out. I'd probably still hang on to him.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

--- 6'8" [tall people are evil. Fact.]

As someone who is 5'3", I approve of this message.

Previous Page | Show All |