Help

Forum >> Help >> Newbie Question, How does the End of Season Reset work? Thank You for any help!   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If you view the EVENTS tab after the playoffs, you'll be able to see an approximation of when the season flip happens. Sometimes its off by a day or two. We generally have less than 1 week break between playoffs ending and FAs being made available on waivers. So I'd check back a few (real life) days after the season ends. Sometimes it takes a little bit longer to switch over if Steve is busy with real life stuff.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank You for the information. Are there any really key things to be mindful of during the Reset?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey wil_m. Welcome to Broken Bat o/

From now until the season flip, it's a good idea to go through the free agent/waiver (be sure to check both boxes just to be sure to get all players who will be available when free agency reopens) pool and bookmark major and minor league players you feel will be upgrades over the players currently on your roster.

The reopening of free agency tends to be a bit of a scramble, so it's a good idea to have a game plan in place ahead of time. Don't be afraid to cast your net a bit wider than might seem necessary. Free agency is very competitive during that period, so your not likely to get your top choices. Be prepared to go to plan "B" and "C" :) Good luck.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the info! So I am getting the idea that some things are random like the waivers and some other things are first come first serve like Free Agents.

Are there any others things that are first come first serve during the Reset?

I saw some talk about new Managers being first come first serve. How does the that work?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, you want to find a good manager as soon as they are generated on the flip. All the good ones will be gone quickly. This is really the only time-sensitive part of the game. You'll have a big advantage if you can stay up late on that day.

You don't need to worry about FA on the flip because all players will go through waivers after the flip. If no one picks the guy up off waivers he will be a FA, but its usually not a rush at that point because everyone in the league has already passed on the guy.

Updated Saturday, January 9 2016 @ 4:14:39 pm PST
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks! I will make a note of that.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't be scared into thinking you need to be scouring the manager pool the second it's refreshed to find a good manager.

Yes, the very best will be found by those right on top of things... but there's a lot to weed through and not that many people have the patience to do so.

You should still try as soon as is reasonable for you... but I don't think I signed my manager for a good week until after they became available and he still has all positives, no negatives.
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Speaking of time(this has probably been answered before, but anyway)does it matter how soon you draft on Fridays when the "Add New Player)pops up?

For instance, say you receive the "Add New Player" alert on Friday. You wait and pick Friday afternoon, or even Saturday or Sunday. Will that effect how good of a 5 players to pick from you receive?

Second question, does the 4 players you don't pick go back into the draft pool for a later pick by someone? This second question is not as important, just a "I wonder" type question.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm pretty sure they do go back into the pool. That is why there is a slight advantage to drafting as early as possible.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It technically matters how early you generate your pool of 5... but not in a large way. If someone drafts a great player ahead of you, you obviously have one less great player available (though if they pull garbage, you then have one less garbage player available). Drafting earlier essentially means there are more prospects out there to choose from be that good or bad.

If you were to wait until the last possible moment to draft for that week, you'd get a result comparable to someone drafting the first possible moment in the following week's draft... except slightly better since you're still beating that theoretical person.

And yes, I do believe the four not picked remain in the pool.

Previous Page | Show All |