Help

Forum >> Help >> Cut or not?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a player named Joe Fischer who has seemingly good potential but is painfully low on hitting. I can put better hitters at 1b and of but I want to keep him. What would you guys do?

I believe that I am still in competition for my division so I have veterans whom I am giving playing time. I just have too many lefties on the bench.

Updated Friday, January 1 2016 @ 3:04:51 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally "never be a decent hitter" is a huge red flag for me. I would cut him in a heart beat, but I'd suggest seeing what others have to say.
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's why I am asking. Maybe the bat control or plate discipline could offset the hitting and make him more productive, but if he can't hit the ball, the power is useless.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Rock. I would release the guy if he can't hit, but if he plays good defense, I would keep him.

A side note is to also bring down some of your players because they're not yet major league ready.
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What about Nomura? It seems to be now or never for him. I want a better fielding number for him since he would be a great SS or 3B, but his fielding has developed very slowly.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd keep Nomura in the minors and let him get recommended at the right time. I think fielding does take longer to develop for everyone, but I really haven't paid too much attention to it though.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd agree. His fielding will develop better if he is at the recommended level. You can also get him more experience at SS if he is playing all the time in the minors. His range is a tiny bit on the low side for my tastes. SS is the one position you don't want to skimp on range. Even more so than CF and 2B in my book.
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ok. Thanks. I sent my more promising players back down. I'm throwing money at some FA's for now as place holders and contributors down the stretch. I think that I will release Fischer and play Spahn who is almost as good defensively and can get on base with lightning speed to swipe bases.

Updated Friday, January 1 2016 @ 7:14:32 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |