Help

Forum >> Help >> Fielding Growth   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm curious if anyone has made observations about fielding growth in the minors. Is this typically slow? Is it hard for a player to reach acceptable fielding by the time they're ready for the majors?

The reason I ask is I have some guys I hope to make SS eventually. Range and Arm are good enough (for my standards at least) and Fielding has "Outstanding" potential. Problem is actually fielding is closer to 11 on a 24yo or something like 7 on a 21yo.

So I'm curious how high the 21yo might end up by 25... and whether or not I'm going to get wrecked starting an 11 fielding SS next season.

How late (age) do players tend to realize their fielding potentials?

I have Defense training focus to note.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I used to keep pretty good training records. Less so now. I always had the impression fielding trained kind of slow, especially in the low minors. But the sample I was working with was pretty small.

Baez, my SS, joined as a 17 yr old with 3 fielding. He added 1 point each of his first 3-4 seasons. He's been two points per season the past 4, and should make his amazidng scouting.

Think your guys will be fine. Might be a little sketchy when they first break in tho.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think its normal for them to be less than optimal when they first break into the majors. I wouldn't worry about it. They'll catch up.

Updated Thursday, December 31 2015 @ 6:38:50 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |