Help

Forum >> Help >> Hit and Run   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jdick1990

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have always believed that the hit and run option in the management settings was intended for the player that is at the plate. As in, if you have a player that you are confident in getting contact you set him to a higher setting in this.

It just crossed my mind that this could be intended for the player who is on base. As in, you would set it higher for speedier players.

I still believe that my initial assumption is correct, but I was unable to find any confirmation from the game manual/searching the forums.

Just wanted to see if I could get confirmation from Steve, or see if anybody else had concrete evidence one way or the other.

Edited to add:
I know that this line is in the manual, and it does sound like it is intended for the player at the plate, but it also could read a bit ambiguous.

Hit & Run: determines how often a player is likely to hit & run (again assuming the appropriate situation). Players may also be told to not hit & run at all.

Updated Wednesday, December 16 2015 @ 2:09:06 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I have no concrete evidence, but I believe it works as you originally assumed. I think only Steve would be able to confirm.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This has confused me as well. From an organizational standpoint, the management settings are:

Steal, Baserunning, Bunting, Hit and Run

The first two are obviously for runners and the 3rd is obviously for hitters... one can make an educated guess that the last of these options is also for hitters because:

1. This would create balance (2 for running, 2 for hitting)
2. it would be weird to randomly have a running option after a hitting option when there were 2 running options prior... why not keep all the running together?

Still, it's only a guess.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I think only Steve would be able to confirm.

Set a single batter in your line-up to ++ hit & run.
Set all the rest of your batters to XX hit & run.

You will see the setting is for the batter, not the baserunner.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Bunting and Hit & Run mgmt settings are applied when the player is at the plate.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |