Help

Forum >> Help >> Ballpark size   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Bebop

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm trying to figure out where I should put my stadium size at. I haven't played long but my team wasn't great before me. I updated my roster a little to help get a little more wins but doesn't seem likelyiI'll avoid dropping a league. So in effort to rebuild my team for the future I'm trying to cut a little cost. My ballpark size is at 23,000 now. I had some games that were in the 22's but only one game that was close to 23. I think hat game was against the first place team on my side of the conference, but my last couple home games havnt even been in the 20,000's. My dilemma is that I could potentially be sending fans home or could be losing money paying for the unused seats. Looking for help on this and anything really.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
23 seems like a good size for you. You'll have a chance to change it again at the start of next season. The manual recommends ~30000 for LL-V and ~25000 for LL-VI. As you've seen this isn't a hard and fast rule. 23000 seems sufficient for you right now, but I wouldn't advise dropping much lower. If you go on a winning streak the fan happiness will go up and you'll fill more seats.
Bebop

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Alright. I wasn't quite sure if it change if I did better. Thanks you
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You can only change during the off-season, so you don't want to go too low and be stuck with that all year.

It's best to give yourself a bit above your average attendance for wiggle room. If you change levels, you can look at what other teams in your division are drawing as a guide.

I filled to an average of 24.2k last season while barely staying up. I'm playing much better to start this season, but my attendance is even lower (fans don't believe yet). I have my size at 25k and sold out very few games last year, but probably will sell at more if I'm in a race for 1st near the end of the season.

You're probably not hurting yourself until you average 5000 extra seats a game.
el_jefe_loco

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Whenever I change divisions or am thinking about re-sizing my stadium, I always do a quick sanity check on the $$ math.

Seats cost $100 each in maintenance for the year. Game revenue is $15 per. So if you can hit that capacity mark just 7 games per year you break even.

I tend to leave my capacity a bit larger than is probably needed... I'm fortunate to not be on a super-tight budget, and always optimistic that my squad will go on a hot streak and those seats will fill up ;-)
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've sold out at least 10 times already this season, so I'm sure I shrunk my park too much this time around :p

if my team looks to stay good, I'll probably give myself another thousand or so seats next year.
Bebop

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thanks for all the advice. It's nice to know when I'm really losing money compared to just taking a risk on the seating. I expect that maybe more fans will turnout since I've made improvements since I took over.

Previous Page | Show All |