Help

Forum >> Help >> Competing   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
grab46

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My team seems to be getting worse rather than better. Also, all of my major league free agent pickups seem to under-perform their skills.

Do I just work on drafting prospects and scouting the waiver wire for better prospects and then just wait for them to develop.

As soon as I have some feel for the game, I look at my record and just shake my head.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
There is likely to be something wrong with every free agent and that's one of the reasons they are free agents. Actually there's something wrong with most every player so it's a matter of choosing which weaknesses you can live with.

Also, I don't believe you can just look at SI and know what you'll get. There can be up to a 20% variance I believe.

A quick look at your team's stats tells me that you slugging pct is very low. I suffered through the same thing last season and my offense just couldn't hold up their end.

Best thing to do is identify the players that truly perform so you can build around them. Look for performers on waivers that fit your needs. Draft prospects and scour free agents for overlooked prospects. Commit to prospects you believe in and look for better ones to replace the ones you don't believe in. It takes time and there's growing pains but you're probably closer to success than you realize. Good luck.
grab46

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Like Tiger said they are all free agents for a reason, but some reasons that are good for other teams may be bad for your team. Just a couple examples:

- A 24 or 25 year old pitcher is dropped because they are underdeveloped and can't help the team in a tough race this year.
- A better option was found for this position to develop in the minors.

While these are perfectly good reasons to drop a player, it doesn't mean the player is bad. 25 year old pitchers can sometimes gain 40 SI in their first two years in the majors. If you have the bandwidth to give players innings, you can sometimes polish those underdeveloped pitchers into real gems. Being at the bottom of LL-6, you have no concern about being demoted. Now is an excellent time to try out some young guys to build your squad of the future.

Previous Page | Show All |