Help

Forum >> Help >> Release Restrictions?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
punkska

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This was originally a PM to Rock but I ended up rambling a bit so I'l throw it here instead.

Thanks for having a little look, I'll take any tips on board at this stage! :)

On the OFs: how much do players actually drop during the season? do old players underperform their attributes or get into bad form more easily/often? if not, I don't know. Adkins isn't young either...If every offseason I can pick up new/better OFs than him why keep him?

I should cut Scalise before him at least I suppose. For now I seem to favour eye, maybe I'm irrationally irritated by strikeouts?

Yeah Moffet is back in AAA now, I think I was playing him at 2b in the games at the end of last season but I didn't like him there either. 1b is about the only option!

Is Latham worth keeping at all?

If I factor in that I seem to be the only active team on my side of the division, favouring prospects will be more fun and saving money on expensive vets might be wise (not that I'm short of money...)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I was mostly joking about Adkins, although really at your LL, I'd be looking to replace anyone over 30 with a good prospect. Really OFs are pretty easy to find on the waivers. Given your current LL, I'd definitely look for some good OF prospects to bring in this year.

Players don't get worse during the season. Its a one time drop at the end of the season, so those guys will all remain consistent through the end of the year. However, you should be aware that ratings can be mis-scouted by as much as 20%, so you should also pay attention to actual performance.

Eventually you will want to upgrade Latham, but he could be a decent hitter for the short term. Not optimal as a 2B (would be better in the OF), but he is probably a bit to old/borderline to retrain. For 2B, it best to have a guy with good fielding, very good range, and a low Arm.

As a new team, your job is to make improvements as possible. You will be able to make a lot of improvements this first year, but don't worry about dropping (once you can :)) players until you have replacements in hand.

Updated Wednesday, January 27 2016 @ 8:39:34 am PST
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
In general, the release restrictions should not prevent you from releasing most unwanted players. If you have a high SI player or high potential youth, you may have to wait.

If you have an example of the restrictions being to restrictive...let me know. I have made a few modification to the system since it went online.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Punkska is a LL-6 team with a lot of old guys. This is one place I've seen the restrictions getting in the way a little bit. I'm wondering if the SI restriction should scale back a bit with age. A 25 year old player with 105 SI being dropped is often suspicious. A 33 player with 105 SI being dropped is fairly common place.
punkska

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In general I think they make sense and I'm sure work fine. It's just at this time of season (so many free agents and team turnover) for new managers they'll be more restrictive.

There's still positives and negatives to it being in place, it makes me think more about the 2nd half of free agency and analyse what I want / need most.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
When can you release players you've signed on waivers? I don't see anything in the rules about restrictions (and it makes sense to have some). I made the mistake of signing a guy with a yearly salary over $8M and want him gone ASAP, but the Release button is locked for him (been 3 days since I signed him).
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Defiantly send Steve a PM. He should be able to take care of it for you. I'm pretty sure, once they are on your team they fall under the normal release restriction rules (which should be going away entirely for you pretty soon).
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Never thought of that! Cheers Rock, did so and now its all sorted.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Defiantly? :-)

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes. Hopefully the PM was full of harsh words ;)

Previous Page | Show All |