Help

Forum >> Help >> Bringing him up   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a great 22 year old SS, http://brokenbat.org/player/110050 , it says i need to bring him up but i have 2 100+ SS, i am very good at all the other ones, the only place i can think of is Catcher, but we have a 27 year old Catcher who is a 90, what should I do with him
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Play him as a back DH. He doesn't have enough of an arm to play catcher.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Play him as a backup DH. He doesn't have enough of an arm to play catcher.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thx
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd bring him up and just try to get him a few ABs each week. The cup is a good time to play him. You can move him around as needed, but he is likely not a good catcher.

Definitely can be backup for SS and 2B. Sometimes I play guys a little against lefties too. Just make sure he gets some ABs each week.

Updated Monday, December 7 2015 @ 2:28:58 pm PST
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Totally agree with Pig_Cola, he doesn't have the defensive stats to play any position really, although he might be able to 1B/LF a bit in a pinch.

A suggestion for your minors so you don't run into this again; go through all of your position assignments and figure out what position each player would be best in. Sometimes the position you draft them in is not the best, so you need to change it around. You can also play them out of position in the majors; I haven't been hurt too badly when I swapped 2B and CF but that was in LL VI so I don't know if it gets harder later on.
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock do you think he can play SS with the low fielding? Not sure how much it affects errors etc. compared to >10 fielding, I personally have gone defense first with most of my players.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't trust a guy like that at SS... maybe OF... but otherwise DH.

That said, he doesn't project to be what I'd personally look for in a DH either with his offensive makeup. You may want to look for better options.
Carcharoth

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah his scouting report seems to indicate that all his points will end up in BC and PD...
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I was really just looking at where he could get innings.

Yeah, his defensive build looks like LF/1B. Probably still workable as a backup to 2B, but SS is certainly a stretch.

I also agree his scouting report isn't very promising for LF/1B.

Updated Monday, December 7 2015 @ 4:15:31 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |