Help

Forum >> Help >> In which position would you train him?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
A couple of seasons ago i drafted Rose.

On paper, he'll be a great player, but he have a lot of points coming from speed range and arm. In addition he doesn't gain much, but he's still young and i don't want to give up with such a prospect.

The real problem is i don't have a position for him.

His Arm would be wasted in 2B
His range would be wasted at C

he was listed initially as a 3b, but i have Pizarro who is more advanced and should handle the position for a long time.

I was training him at SS (no good fielding but could compensate with range and arm) then i drafted Robbins who is clearly a better defender.

OF? what do you think?

he would have to fight with Mondragon, Agosto and Rivas, it would be a really crowded OF

Updated Thursday, November 19 2015 @ 2:39:39 am PST
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Holy smokes, this is a dilemma I'd like to have. Please write me a PM on how to hack draft picks.

Seriously though, no fielding report basically means outfield, C or 1B. As you said, his range is wasted on C, range and arm wasted on 1B, it leaves us only with OF. And he should be a better OF than Agosto.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Like Endrju said, Agosto isn't made to play OF. Rose should be there with his range and arm.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I disagree with Pig about Agosto, I think he will be pretty good in the OF. That said, I do agree that Rose looks like an OF as well. You could platoon them, the three lefty hitters going against right handed pitchers and the right handed hitter taking the place of the weakest one against lefties.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Agosto is, on projection of course, the best pure hitter in my minor system. Obviously Defence is important, but having a better bat is more, i think he has the skills to handle LF decently.

I'll put him in DH but i have another guy with less fielding skills who probably will be DH (O'Neill).

@Endrju, i have no problem admitting that i have been very lucky drafting position players, but on the other side i've been horrible in drafting pitchers, and in this game without pitching you don't go anyway :D
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
He's an outfielder. And better than the other three.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Doesn't look like a 2B option to me. He doesn't have the fielding for 2B.

He can make a nice OF or C. I think he would do ok at 3B as well.

3B, wasted range, weak fielding
C, wasted range
OF, wasted L/R

He's going to waste one of his attributes no matter where you play him, but I don't think you could go wrong with any of those positions.
softshoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He looks like he would make one hell of a OF, or a good Catcher

Previous Page | Show All |