Help

Forum >> Help >> BIG infield problem -- too many outfielders   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey all,

I have been playing this game for over a year now, and I think I have done a decent job at building the team up and moving up two divisions. However, my prospect recruiting is starting to come back and bite me. I still do weight hitting over defense, but that has resulted in some pretty sorry infielders. For example, my shortstop. However, I have a still productive 34 year old catcher, but his salary is around $4.25 million and I am strongly considering dropping him. I would then move Gallagher, my current shortstop, to catcher, and then stick Casillas at shortstop. I know his fielding is low, but I don't have many other options and I want him to get playing time anyway. His range and arm will probably make up for his glove.

But I did want to ask your opinions as there are many ways I could go about doing this. I am projecting at least one more outfielder coming up next year too, so something has to be done soon.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I am of the same philosophy about getting the best bats that I can and finding a space for them on the roster. But you need to be training them in the minors. If you move a guy with no SS training into SS in the majors he is really going to kill you defensively.

Casillas really shouldn't be a SS with his fielding. Plus he has no SS training. Defensively he looks like a great CF/RF option.

Gallagher should really be a 1B or a DH. He is a stretch at 3B, but definitely garbage for SS or C. 1B can be played safely with minimal training considering he has good fielding.

Di Carlo would also be best at 1B/DH.

Preston would probably do best in RF.

Marsh and Cox look expendable.

Looking at where you are retraining your minors, it looks like you have a good plan for the future. Batista should make a passable(if not great) SS defensively. He'll be ready in a season or two.

If you decide to keep Delgadillo I'd train him up with 1B as a secondary position.

If I were you I would hang onto Cisneros until some of the other guys are ready to step in. And as bad as Gallagher is at SS, I don't think you're doing yourself any favors by training Casillas in the majors. I'd grab a stop gap SS from Waivers or FA just so that you can close that big hole in your defense.

Updated Saturday, November 14 2015 @ 12:41:50 pm PST
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
i dont know about the aqtual question but congratulations for playing the game for one year.
Good job, starting your sixth season. 2 promotions in your 4 seasons, right?
Keep it up!

Previous Page | Show All |