Help

Forum >> Help >> Another manager question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When picking a new manager is it better to sign one that is good or excellent at teaching the game or at managing/handling the different areas? Or does it depend on your team's situation? Such as a good or excellent teacher would be better for a young/rebuilding team and a manager stronger at handling pitching etc. would be better for a strong team.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I think you answered your own question there - personal preference plays a part in it too- no-one really knows exactly how much influence a manager has, I'm a fan of developing players so an excellent teacher is the highest priority to me although that's just a personal preference of course.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I went the opposite direction to JJ. Went for the other three traits. Who knows what effect they really have, though.

It's whatever you want your franchise to look like.
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the info. I hired a new manager last season about a week or so after I was given my team. He's good with coaching defense and good teacher of the game. But if I'm going to do a complete rebuild (I don't my team will do very well for the next couple of seasons anyway) I figure I may as well go with someone that is an excellent teacher rather than good at actually managing a game. Cool, thanks for the advice.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I had an excellent teacher last season but he only gained 1 point of development the whole year so I got impatient and fired him :p
shunqino

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's mine hired this season:

Reputation: He is good at managing hitters. He is good at handling pitchers. He is excellent at teaching the game.

So will see :)
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Good find. I wish I had that. My excellent teacher was below average on something in exchange.

Previous Page | Show All |