Help

Forum >> Help >> Pitching rotations   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DeCobra

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Last year I had four strong starting pitchers, but couldn't find a decent 5th starter. I was very close to winning my division but failed because of the weak link in my rotation. Have any of you gone to a four man rotation? Any advice you can give me?

Thanks in advance!

Updated Tuesday, November 10 2015 @ 6:09:34 pm PST
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I would strongly recommend 5 during the 60 inter-division games in the middle of the season.

Other than that, 4 is doable. You might look to use your 5th starter after 4 game series, but I don't thinki it is absolutely necessary.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Outside of inter-division play I went to 4 man last year. Plenty of rest for the wicked during division play. I'd also note, that sometimes its more important to have good MRs than starters (especially with a 5 man rotation). Great starting is pointless when your MR blows every other game. I had that problem in the beginning of the year last year. So don't just stick all your best guys at SP.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I find that if my starter pitches well, I won't see MR use (other than in blowouts) so I'm more about having SU at the back end to keep close games in my favor. MR usually only come in when a starter has a bad night (mine or theirs)
elbows49

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As Seca and Rock say, four starters is generally enough within your division, but you will need five versus the other division.

What Rock says about the importance of MRs is, I think, situational. I had so many wins last season where my starter went 7 and my closer the last 2 - my MRs weren’t great, but I won my division anyway. Depends on your staff.

One last point: you did actually win your division last season, so that weak link didn’t cost you.
RodneyDeCroo

Wheeling Catfish
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey everyone,

Thank you so much for the great advice. I think I'm going to try four and go into a five during the interdivisional portion of the season.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah MR being situational makes sense. Most of my starters only have 13-14 stamina, so I think my starters putter out quicker than others. Which of course means my MRs see more action than some other teams.

Previous Page | Show All |