Help

Forum >> Help >> Roster Evaluation   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm looking to free up a few spots in my majors because I have quite a few waiver claims. Any suggestions on who I may send packing? Roster
I'm just stumped on what my next step is. I feel I could used more utility men, a lot of my guys pay one position. I suppose the fact that I'm in VI might also affect advice.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In my opinion this two, if your team was mine and I have to cut someone:

Tyler Musial
Makisig Sumulong
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd second Tyler Musial being the first guy cut. Do you play all your guys at the listed primary position? Because the vast majority of your roster have bad builds for their listed position. Two catchers with no arm strength, a first baseman with a cannon arm, only one 2B and he has terrible fielding and bad range, only one SS and also terrible fielding and bad range, several outfielders who lack range (9 range in the outfield means you are giving up way more hits than you should be). Several of them look like they would do infinitely better elsewhere, but it would be painful with them learning new positions in the majors.

Upon closer look, I see several small letter positions, which I'm guessing is a result of placing in better positions. Still, you have way too many DH types in the majors (guys who stink at fielding), I'd start my cuts there.

Cut list:
1- Musial (he's just a terrible bat, and the defense he does have doesn't make up for it)
2- Maldonado (he doesn't look like he'll reach that great hitter scouting report, and he's a liability in the infield with 9 fielding)
3- Fowler (if he isn't going to be your DH which he apparently isn't judging by the 103 games last season at 2B, then he probably should be first cut)

Fielding is important for infielders and range important for middle infielders and the outfield. Arm is important for catchers and is nice to have on the left side of the infield (SS, 3B).
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Try to gradually replace all the pitchers with control below 12. 10-11 is acceptable but you have a few of those who won't ever get above 8, those won't be of much use in any position except long reliever once you get to higher league. So try to get upgrades (although I understand that would be hard).
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you guys. I took over team a few seasons ago and it was very old collectively. Since I'm in VI, I thought it would be good to ride it out until I had some prospects ready. So, I signed cheaper guys to get me through. Hopefully I can get lucky on a waiver claim or 2 to fill some of the gaps.
Thanks again for the feedback.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I will add, in contrast to Krak, I like Sumolong in your minors. I almost put a claim on him myself, but I have very high standards for my minor league pitchers at this point in terms of their ceiling and Sumolong was just below the bar I set.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't rely totally on waivers. There are a ton of good players (especially POT 12s) on FA. If you look at some of the best teams you'll see they still have a POT 12 or two on their team. I've seen plenty of POT 12s with excellent builds on FA that I would take over some of the POT 15 chafe that folks drop onto waivers (primarily because they weren't good POT 15s).

Previous Page | Show All |