Help

Forum >> Help >> Playing different positions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Cujo69

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So I just joined middle of last season. I took over a 26 year old second baseman with SI of 103. Problem is he throws left handed. But it says for positions that he can play outfield. Is there a penalty for this or should I keep him as a DH? Thanks.

http://brokenbat.org/player/86459
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He is half trained in OF, you can put him and in a season or a bit more he will be full OF, the penalty is that he will have more errors than a full trained in that position. As he is young, he can gain experience in OF and still produce for you. Or you can put him in DH. Usually I use that spot for those players that can bat but are a disaster in defense.
toddcates

Baytown Bombers
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball
To your specific question, there is NO penalty for LH playing the outfield.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
He would do fine in the OF. His 15 fielding should cover his less than max knowledge of the position.

You could also put him at 1B. He has no knowledge of the position, but 1B is not a difficult position, and again his good fielding skill should help as he learns.

(It might take 2.5 seasons for him to fully learn 1B, putting him at 28.5 yrs old. Very close to the "not worth learning a new position age". Though I feel learning 1B does not have the same cost as other positions.)
Cujo69

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for replies, I appreciate the help.

Previous Page | Show All |