Help

Forum >> Help >> Two 3B Prospects   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've got two very similar 3B prospects in my minors, and I was wondering who you folks think I should keep between the two of them.

They are both 24yo, 13pt, and have very similar scouting reports. The main difference is that Ward is farther behind in his development than Meyers, but possesses the higher ceiling ("very good hitter" vs. "good hitter"). They both have below average arms (Ward's is marginally better) and will likely not stick at 3B, instead likely going as DH/OF where Ward also has the leg up by having the small 'of' compared to none for Meyers.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Honestly, they can both be DH's. I don't think they'll be good in the outfield because you need high range and a high arm. Neither of them possess that. I would personally cut Ward since he's behind on training.
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow, you did give us a tough one. The "very good hitter vs. good hitter" doesn't mean too much to me because one could have been over scouted or one under scouted.
If you don't think you will be in the hunt for the division I would maybe keep both and swap them in and out throughout the first 50 games of the season and see if one outshines the other at the major league level.
If you have an outfield spot (I know one of them can play outfield, can't remember which) I would play both and enjoy the competition between two players out to prove something to the manager.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I feel that high fielding helps compensate a bit for a weaker arm. I wouldn't have a problem with Ward at 3B. Meyers looks more like a 1B to me.

I wouldn't consider either a good option at DH. They both have fielding skill as their #1 asset.
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you for the feedback gents, I think I'll keep both for now but I'll probably cut Ward first and keep Meyers if the need arises.

Previous Page | Show All |