Help

Forum >> Help >> Cut him?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I hate to get rid of a "very good" potential pitcher. He's going to get the auto recommendation at 25. He's still only in A, so it seems a bit hopeless :(
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that's pretty sad. Looks like one of those bombs that fails to deliver on his potential.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I would call him up and play him in relief. You can always cut him if he doesn't perform or improve.

I called up a guy with 60 SI from A this season and he got Rookie pitcher of the year award. It was at LL.V though so there's a good chance it won't work at LL.III of course, but I personally would hate cutting a player without giving him a chance first.
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Yuri. With the small price tag I would at least give him until the all-star game to prove something to you. Who knows, he may get up in the majors and be one of those 30 SI in one year guys. I doubt it but you might get lucky. Also, like Yuri stated that might not work at your level.

Updated Saturday, November 7 2015 @ 8:25:22 am PST
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock, I think you should play him in a RHS role or MR because I did that with him in the same league and it didn't affect my team's performance at all. He could gain about 10-15 points if you give him consistent innings.
farmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I face a similar situation with Espino.

Previous Page | Show All |