Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor League Training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Does training minor leaguers at new positions take away from their speed at which they gain skill points? Or are they better off learning a new position at the big league level with reps at the position?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
No, if you don't specify a position then he gets a more broad smattering of position experience. But what position he plays had not effect on his individual skill improvements.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The only thing to be careful of is training in to many positions. For instance, I trained Izquierdo in 3B, 2B, and SS evenly while he was in the minors. He was at 3B/2B/SS when he entered the major leagues. As you can see he has now evenly degraded down to 3b/2b/ss...
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Cool. Because the first thing I do when I draft a player is assign a position based on the scouting report. Like a C that has a good fielding report I might put at 3b or SS if the range is good. It just seems like they are not developing as fast as I would like. Nomura is a good example because he had 2023 as his eta (which I know is not accurate) but he is still developing at A ball. I promoted him to AA to see what he can do but he makes me nervous.

Updated Friday, November 6 2015 @ 6:32:54 pm PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It is unwise to promote him to AA before he is recommended for it, he will train slower.

Previous Page | Show All |