Help

Forum >> Help >> Drafting   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey guys --

Not a newbie but still confused. If I draft today, does that waste my pick that comes on Friday? I have roster space now and was debating on using it.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No new pick this Friday, that was finally fixed by Steve last season. You can use it now or until the new pool comes, but if you don't use it it does not rollover anymore since we all get a new pick as soon as the new pool is created next Monday.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
So I might as well use it since we all get the new picks on Friday? That's what I am getting?
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes. Use it or lose it. The only reason not to pick is a full roster.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, you should use it. Also, our next pick we get will be when the pool is refreshed after the season change. This was Draft Pick #10 we got last Friday. Saying that now even though when we don't get a new pick on Friday I guarantee there will be at least five posts by confused people...
risingsun

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Does my weekly draft pick goes to waste when i sign a free agent?
i have a problem understanding the rules regarding that matter. is it 1 draft OR 1 free agent per week?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No the draft pick is independent of free agents. You get one draft pick plus as many free agents as you want to sign each week.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Risingsun There are three type of signing a new player to your roster, but at the beginning of the season there are only two:

a) Draft: Once every week, a team will have the option of drafting a new player from one of five sources: from High School, from College, from a Latin Academy, an International Player or a Asian Posting System. Each source will produce players of varying ages, nationalities and experience.

a.1) High School: A 17 or 18 year old player from the United States or Canada. They normally start in your rookie level.
a.2) College: A 20 to 22 year old player from the United States or Canada. They normally are more developed than High School, and they start in A or AA.
a.3) Latin Academy: A 16 to 21 year old player from Latin America.
a.4) Asian Posting System: A 18 to 23 year old player from Asia. Note, the Posting System is a player transfer system between Asian and American professional baseball leagues.
a.5) International: A 18 to 23 year old player from Europe, Australia and the rest of the world.

You can pick your option from Friday to Thursday, just one per week, the draft options doesn't rack, so if you couldn't pick in a given week, the next one you will only have one pick, no two.

b) Waivers: When a team release a player, he enter in the waiver system, where another manager/owner makes a claim, if two or more owners pick the same player, then a lottery is triggered, and by luck the system select a team, but the winner must have at least one open slot in its roster. You can place as much waiver claims as you can in a day, your only limit is your team roster, but this limit is only for the winning claims, not the placed ones.

c) Free agents: If a player was not claimed before it clears the waivers, he become FA, and any team can sign him. You can sign as much FA as open space in your roster you have.

Notes:
1) All new sign players are assigned to the AAA team, you may check your roster and reassign them accordingly after you get a new player (but the Draft, as when you get a new pick in the draft the player is assigned to his recommended level)

2) After the season's flip, all players are assigned to the waiver system, so for the first days of the season you can't directly sign any new player, but you can put a claim on them, once that all players are cleared, you can start searching in the FA again. That last for two, three of four calendar days.
risingsun

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you very much for this comprehensive answer :)

Previous Page | Show All |