Help

Forum >> Help >> Debating if I should keep this OF or not.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Kid was K'd 6 more times than he got a hit.

This is bad? Half my lineup had more Ks than hits. :)

(It's those tiny T-Rex arms - difficult to make good contact.)
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
In my defense, I didn't draft Park :P
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If he gains 12 SI every season for the next 3 seasons he will peak at 120 at age 29, you will get 2 good-great years from him, and then the decline will begin. This is the best case projection in contrast to the other opinions in the thread. Personally, he wouldn't make my lineup right now because I have too many players that are not as much of a liability that would be in front of him to develop/get ABs.
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He doesn't look good with those strikeouts.

Updated Tuesday, November 3 2015 @ 2:47:52 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well he has a lot of Ks because he is underdeveloped. If he was developed his BB/K ratio would be incredibly good. The issue at stake is how quickly he can develop, and even if he does he will almost immediately go into decline.

Newtman makes a good point about him gaining a lot this year (plus you still promoted). Given the relative age of your team (no player over 23 in the minors, only 5 players between the age of 24 and 26), I would be tempted to give him one more year. If you look in danger of demoting you can always cut bait. If he doesn't develop by at least a few points by the all-star break you can cut him. If he develops like he did last year, he might actually be passable player at your league level for the 2026 season. Given his high season, even if he didn't max until he was 30, he could probably play another 5 years. That's assuming he maxes, which is a big assumption. Still may be worth experimenting with next season before you cut bait.

Updated Tuesday, November 3 2015 @ 3:02:51 pm PST
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice gains, but he started his age 25 season at 72 SI.
If you have 3 DH-types, put him in center with the other 3 at 1B, LF and RF.

If not ... cut city - let another LL.6 team that can play him for just defense pick him up.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Out of curiosity, do you think Park could reach his potential this season? He's made alot of progress.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Given his crazy rate of improvement I could see him hitting 15, if not maxing it out. He needs 10 more SI to hit 15. 17 more SI to max it out. Of course you won't know what his max really is until he retires...

EDIT: Its a shame his BC didn't pan out.

Updated Saturday, April 9 2016 @ 12:39:55 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If he continues to develop at the pace that he has he could hit the low ends of his scouting comments this season. Very impressive gains. I might bookmark this guy as a useful outlier when showing the potential for late development, high risk, high reward type.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock

yeah, seeing that BC hurts quite a lot. I was hoping it would hit 13-15ish but that might be a stretch since he hasn't hit his prediction for hitting/slugging/outfield yet. I'm hoping he does max out and gain some more BC.

@Newtman

I'm just glad he panned out (so far *knocks on wood*), if I was put in this position now I probably would have cut bait. I can see the appeal in the high risk high reward players.

I think I will move him up to the 3/4/5 slot and unleash him on League 6, he's been my #9 hitter so far (pretty impressive too since he got 98 RBIs there last season).

Updated Saturday, April 9 2016 @ 2:19:40 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |