Help

Forum >> Help >> What happened to him?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
farmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Why did Brandon Saunders drop off so much?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That can happen to any player. See my $6 Million dollar SS.

But my guess would be that your team promoted into a league with better pitching.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Ouch.

Brandon Saunders did drop hard.

Did you change your ball park dimensions?
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Going with what Rock said. So combine a better pitching league with 12 hitting and you've got this season's numbers.
farmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Should I expect a better season next year or is he doubtful to do better?
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
He can't do much worse ;)

But seriously, I would say he's a .250 hitter in D4. Should still be a useful platoon at 1B with your other guy. No reason you can't get .250, 20hr and 70 rbi out of the 1B platoon.

I would be looking hard at 1B types this offseason. Both of your guys will be over 30 and you don't have anyone to take their place.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He might do a little better in platoon. But actually the last couple years he's done similarly against both hands. I suspect .250 would be a successful year for him in your current league. He hit a lot of ground balls this year (which isn't good), but the whole GB/FB is fairly new and may still be in flux. If he hits a lot of GB next year and is still having trouble making contact I'd probably cut him.

Given his makeup (Bat Control and Power) he should be hitting for power at least, but last year he only got 2 home runs in 227 ABs... I'd look for that number to increase at least. If he hits .250 with good slugging then he can still be productive. His OPS might not get a lot better but his SLG really should improve over this year.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
He's got a half-season's worth of games in the OF, solid range and a wasted arm at 1B

Who would think about playing him in the OF in spring training?
(assuming at least 1 OF spot isn't filled by a decent AA+ prospect)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
He did go up one level of competition. That can't help.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He has a LONG ways to go to get an of rating and he is already 29. I probably wouldn't bother unless there is a free spot in the OF because no one else is training in that position. I play most of my players out of position in the spring.

Previous Page | Show All |