Help

Forum >> Help >> Calling up   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hm, I think we don't understand each other fully.

I deduced from your earlier post, that even if a guy plays some major league ABs/IPs during the week, if you send him back down before eco update, those ABs/IPs don't matter and he gets minor league training. And this is what I asked about.

What I thought was logical was that the guy will receive experience for his major league ABs/IPs even if you send him down. What would be the point of playing this guy if he didn't?

I'm just wondering if for the update, it is important what level the guy is on Friday, or where he spent the majority of the week.

And noted you're not sure it works either of these ways ;)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No, you'll only receive training if he is down at the update. If it worked the way you are asking everyone would do it because receiving both training and experience would double the speed a player gained SI. Whether you will later receive the experience when you leave the player up for the update, that I am unsure about.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
What I thought was logical was that the guy will receive experience for his major league ABs/IPs even if you send him down. What would be the point of playing this guy if he didn't?

This is what I referred to in my previous post as "double dipping". Getting XP credit from the majors and full minor league training.

I think most managers assume that you need to be at the major league level to get credit for the experience. But I don't recall ever seeing anything official or in the rules about it. I even asked about it once myself in the past.

You clearly can double dip during spring training. So is spring coded different from the regular season?

I suspect it is. We all have our own opinions, but if this process worked I would consider it abusing the system. That's my biggest reason for thinking it won't work.

But I don't know for sure. As I've said a number of times I don't consider it good risk-reward trying it. But other managers may view that differently.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh, I see. I thought that the game will know that he spend half week in majors, and half week in minors, and will receive both experience and a chunk (not full) of training. Now I get what you were trying to say.

Thanks both of you for your input.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
To address Seca's spring training question, they never go to the major league level. They stay in the minors, but are allowed to play through a separate spring training lineup. That's why it works for spring training. This is entirely different from calling up to play at the majors level then sending down before an update for training.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not sure what difference the call up makes. I doubt very much that promotion / demotion data is kept for the players.

In spring the training update almost certainly asks:

Any AB or IP?
Yes?
You get experience.

In the regular season, does the training update ask:
Any AB or IP?
Yes?
You get experience.

Or does it ask:
Any AB or IP?
Yes?
Currently on the ML roster?
Yes?
You get experience.

I think the majority assume its the second option there, mostly because it would prevent double dipping / prospect acceleration. But I don't believe its 100% certain.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The other factor is whether Steve has seen this thread and ninjas in a change like he has from time to time to fix this potential exploit if it exists. :)
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I didn't mean the level change affects anything. I meant that a player can't logically be in two places at once. It has to either consider them majors or minors since a player in the minors can't play to get experience. Spring is an exception since you're actually in the lineup/rotation without changing levels. The question I guess is whether or not the engine assumes level or accounts for what they did exactly. We know training isn't dependent upon minors play.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This is what I'm wondering. I believe:

Players assigned to minors playing spring training games get (major league) experience and (minors) training.

but what happens if a players is promoted to the majors, plays spring training games, and then is demoted to the minors before the training update? Will he lose his experience gains like in the regular season?

What about a guy who is promoted to the majors? I did this by mistake the first year because I didn't realize I could play players directly out of the minors. Does that player get experience but no training during spring training?
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Think of it more like this. 'Training' takes place in both major and minor league level. Yes, a portion of oberall si is tied to majors and a portion to minors. Experience is only tied to the major league level.

I've always seen experience as a stat increase, power boost. Whatever you'd like to call it. Bacically a 15 hit skill is worth more to a 5 year veteran to a rookie.

I have called people up early an got them back down before Friday update with no harm done to their growth.

Previous Page | Show All |