Help

Forum >> Help >> Prospects   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Euphael

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey, after my almost completed first season I got to say I still don't understand how draft's working. I mean every friday I go to get some guy, I choose from one of those options and than when I draft someone I'm immidiately realising him because of lack of skill/pot.

Is it common? Why there is nothing in the manual about age cattegories? How often can I expect decent youngster? Are useful those reports?

Thanks for your tips in advance.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well anybody can get unlucky. I haven't had much luck with the draft either. There are two things you need to look at in the scouting report. I'm sure you are looking at the negative and positive reports, but more important is the overall evaluation. If you draft a guy with "above average" potential you'll get the sorts of guys you have been getting. If there is a guy with "good" or "very good" potential, you will usually want to draft him (unless his reports are really concerning. In generally if you want to see higher POT guys, try to find recruits with "very good" are at least "good" reports. Sometimes they will have lower POT, but usually a "very good" guy is going to be useful.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't feel bad. Like Rock says, go for guys with good overrall potential and no negative comments. Doesn't mean "good" will net you a decent prospect, but it's better than above average.

My luck in the draft is terrible, others have good luck. It's all a crap shoot. Bottom line, you gotta offset bad draft luck with good waiver luck. Some guys have such good minor leagues, they release decent prospects to sign better prospects. One man's trash is another man's treasure, I say.

Previous Page | Show All |