Help

Forum >> Help >> Same old problem: 24 yo guys still in the minors.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
This year, i have 3 guys who are 24 years old and are still in the minors and likely they won't be raccomended for the majors until next year.

Hitters:
Rivas

Pitchers:
McGuire
Cardenal

If for Cardenal i'm almost sure i'll keep him another full year in the minors for the other two i'm undecided.

McGuire has passed more than a year in AAA, so i think i'll put him in middle relief next year and see how it goes, he should reach his cap anyways.

Rives it'se the one that concern me the most.
SI-wise he should go well in the Majors, but he's been in AAA only for 4 updates (will be 6 with the last of 2024 and the first of 2025) and he has gaines only 2 SI while in AAA.

What should i do? leave him another half year in AAA or promote him ande give 500+ AB next year? Don't want to waste such talent.

Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rivas could go either way IMO... he should have the skill to handle ML, especially if he pops a bit from end of year/spring training. I'd personally base this on whether or not you have a majors spot for him and if he's unquestionably better than your other options. If you need him, play him... if you can get by well enough without, let him spend some time growing and AAA and see how he progresses. You may do a half-season or something.

McGuire looks to me like he'd struggle at IV. He may be giving up a lot of runs... but if that's not a concern, he can potentially grow a bit with regular play. A starter can easily get 15-20 SI in that first big league year... but I don't know what a reliever would do. I'd personally be more inclined to see if he can still get points in the minors enough to be a respectable pitcher.

Cardenal is even further off from ready... he'd get eaten alive. Definitely hope he can still get minors points.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Do you have playing time for Rivas?

Personally I would bring him up and give him regular playing time.

If for some reason he would be stuck to the bench, I would consider leaving him down.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
If i move Rivas Up, i'd bench Kim, giving him some pinch hitting after 8th or 9th agains righites. He should receive at least 450-500 AB.

McGuire, i think he's near to being promoted, it's more than a year than he's in AAA, and in my experience pitchers tend to get promoted around 80SI.

Don't know yeat if i'll play league IV or V next year, i'm 1 game behind 4th place team. :D
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm in V and I would be cautious using someone with McGuire's ratings still. I'd be inclined to stick him somewhere he can't do much harm, but that could mean he doesn't get enough innings for sufficient growth. It can be hard to manage pitchers before they get an out pitch.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Those guys all have pretty good potential, but keep in mind that many/most prospects are probably never going to be good enough for the big leagues.

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
McGuire has a particularly bad build as well. His movement, COS, and control will all likely cap at 12 or below, if the "Fastball is unhittable" message was there it would be salvageable, but with 14-16 velocity that is as bad a 13 potential as you can get without a negative control message.
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Promoted this guy this season and used him at RHS/MR in the league and gave him a couple starts in the cup, he did pretty good for his build and skill.

So I personally would offer all those guys a chance.

Updated Saturday, October 31 2015 @ 4:02:05 am PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, but "strikeout pitcher" is better than "major league fastball." You're looking at a 12 potential who's velocity will be 15-17 and COS will likely be similar. Thus your 12 potential is likely to be better than McGuire, even though he is 13 potential. How skills are distributed is important.

Edit: In other words Yuri, your guy is a bad counter example because he is likely to have two out pitches when he is done, while McGuire will have one at most.

Updated Saturday, October 31 2015 @ 10:54:58 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |