Help

Forum >> Help >> A roster move decision   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I feel a bit ridiculous asking a roster move question, but I have been pondering this one most of the season and now I have to make a decision.

Shao has gotten his big league promotion. Doesn't have fielding to play SS long term, but I can play him there for the rest of this season and it won't matter. Long term I planned on him in the OF. McMullin will play SS next season as he should be "gold glove" caliber defensively. And if he builds out like he can he can do well in OBP.

So Shao needs a spot in my OF.
My current OF is Sherman, wells, and Davis. And at DH I have Townsend. Davis or wells could be moved to DH, but than I loose townsend's bat. I Sherman could go behind the plate, but than I'd be waisting his defensive abilities. And Jones isn't a bad player either at catcher. One of my few guys that has produced offensively this season.

As of now I think I'm going to sit townsend or Davis, but I could really use another set of eyes on it for me. Thanks.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm guessing

"I can play him there for the rest of this season and it won't matter"

. Means you have raised the white flag. If that's the case I would definitely sit Davis. Davis looks to be done developing. Townsend has actually developed quite a bit this season; he might still gain 1 or 2 SI. Even if you decide to use Davis next year, he can sit out all of spring training with no loss.

EDIT: Woops, I meant Wells not Davis

Updated Friday, October 30 2015 @ 12:30:18 pm PDT
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm more saying there that my old ss isn't going to play SS next season. So I can play Shao there for the remainder of the year without making the choice yet.

But, yes, this season is done.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
At 28 Wells is the oldest guy you listed, at 11 range he is also a liability in the outfield.

Edit: Upon looking at your roster, cut Carroll he is completely useless and should never play catcher with an 11 arm, and yet that is the only place you play him.

Updated Friday, October 30 2015 @ 9:42:05 am PDT

Updated Friday, October 30 2015 @ 9:42:57 am PDT
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He is a backup that only backs up when i fail to check between games and swap sherman in at c. I'm looking for a starting spot, newman.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I meant Wells. I'm not sure how I mixed up the players...
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Was tinkering with my lineup preparing for 2025 and found I have more guys I would like to start than I can fit into the game. (Not expecting sympathy, but would like some second opinions.) The specific problem is Mendoza is going to need playing time if he is going to develop. I may cut him simply due to the amount of options I already have. With the acquisition of Rosario I finally have a decent number of great arms as well, but find myself struggling with the Reyna/Carr/Canales/Rosario dilemma at catcher and 3B. I picked up Rosario for his defense since my team weakness is pitching/defense.

I could keep them all and rotate guys to see who actually does best, but I'm a big believer in letting guys play through cold streaks (to a reasonable degree) and other than the new guys (Mendoza and Rosario) every one of my players is proven to be worth a spot on the team imo.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Rosario doesn't look very good to me. Reyna looks like the best player out of the 4 that you listed. I think I would just let Rosario sit the bench as a backup.

I assume your plan is to play Mendoza in the OF? Unfortunately the only place where you have relatively young players. His fielding and range aren't optimal for 2B, but you could consider letting him get some AB as a backup. Or maybe platoon him a bit.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Ya. Mendoza is the kind of player i would be quite happy giving ~150 ABs and some cup time. Hopefully add 8-10 SI and be more playable next season.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the responses guys, I missed them when looking at the latest posts.

@Rock and Seca, yeah, Rosario's hitting is as low as I will give a spot on my squad, but I'm hoping the fairly high BC and PD will partly make up for it, and I really got him for defense. Mendoza came with the 2B, I trained him in OF, I was thinking the same thing (too low a fielding skill for the infield, too low a range for the middle of the field, too weak an arm for the left side of the infield or catcher). Actually his annoyingly difficult to place defensive skill set is why I am considering cutting him. I like Guzman, Poole, and Doyle in the OF, so it looks like platooning might be all he gets.

Also, my roster will get younger in the infield very soon Rock, they are playing in A, AA, and AAA at the moment. Tyler Pierce is who I want the "Minister of Defense" title for, as he will play left infield and catcher for years to come starting sometime this season (his little 2b he came with, I'm not planning to play him there).

Previous Page | Show All |