Help

Forum >> Help >> Am being humiliated lately   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Toon Squad

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The game calculates if the team makes the play based upon the combined arms from the outfielders, as well as range, etc. Which player makes the out is purely chance.
Toon Squad

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The game calculates if the team makes the play based upon the combined arms from the outfielders, as well as range, etc. Which player makes the out is purely chance.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I thought the sim only used combined range to decide if the defense could get to the ball then choose a player and use his fielding/arm to determine if he can successfully make the play...
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I thought the same as Crazy. But remember a "fly out" can happen in a lot of places in the outfield. If that OF was charging in to catch the ball, while your runner would have to wait to tag up, then it should be a close play no matter how bad the guys arm is. If you have your base running set at something like ++ or the guy is naturally an aggressive runner (pretty sure this is a hidden rating), then he might try to get home when he really shouldn't run.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
At a 3-1 ratio you seem to have Moran set at a good setting for stealing. Base Running is a slightly different animal and shouldn't necessarily be the same setting.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm on the same page as Crazy Li and Rock, think it's just the range that is averaged to determine whether a fielder gets to it. The rest of defense is actual player skills and settings, with some chance.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe that fielding skill plays a role in this. Reid does have very good fielding. Helps him make a clean play and transfer.

And ya, never seen anything about aggregate arms. Individual outfield assist stats do show decent correlation with arm strength.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Maybe Novak (at bat) made a poor sacrifice fly which has something to do with his bat control, right?
U get what i Mean?

btw Does the catcher's skills matter when baserunners are being thrown out at the plate? I could also ask does shortstop's skills affect the outcome when opponent is trying to steal 2nd base.

Updated Thursday, October 29 2015 @ 1:31:26 am PDT
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It was probably a bad decision to tag up. He most likely overestimated his own speed and underestimated the fielder's arm, going on a shallow fly ball :p

That, or he tripped over his own two feet in the attempt.

Updated Thursday, October 29 2015 @ 9:00:05 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the catcher's fielding ability would be checked to see if he makes an error. I don't think his skills would impact in any other way.

Previous Page | Show All |