Help

Forum >> Help >> Tell Me This   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I have a pitcher named Devin Kaufman. He has a 50 SI, with a 13 POT. Without going up in SI the update last Friday advised he be moved to AAA. I moved him and now here's the question.
A 50 SI seems a little low to be in AAA, should I move him to the majors for a little while to boost his SI, or will that work or not. Anyway I don't know what to do with this guy. He's a 13 POT and I really don't wanna get rid of him. I know not all 13 POT's are great, but I got a gut feeling about this guy if I treat him right.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Keep him where he's reccomended.

He's only 21, so he could play another 2 years (or more) before being reccomended to the majors.

Don't worry about is current SI, he'll play less maybe but minors stats are mostly useless.

He's behind in development but young, should become a very good bullpen man.
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Appreciate the input. I've heard people say you'll know when you have a pitcher that you can bring up before it's recommended, but I guess it's a crap shoot, because know one will say what attributes constitute a early bring up. Just trying to figure some of this player development stuff out. I guess some of it is just trial and error.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One other thing to keep in mind is that there is not a uniform SI where players are promoted, some will gain virtually no skills at a given level while others may gain 30 SI in a single minor league level (over 3 seasons) before being recommended for promotion.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
agree with Newtman. Every player gains Si at their pace.

I tend to leave players at their level and promote them in the majors once they are 25 (if not reccomended first, of course). To me, it's the safer way to reach their cap.

However, for Acosta didn't worked out, he gained only 17 SI in the majors (but he was in AA when promoted).

CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Well I think I will keep him in AAA. I guess in my quest to find one of those rare high increase SI players I forget some of the basics of developing players in this game. It helps to get input from outsiders to keep me on track.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would never advise promoting someone early who isn't good enough to play in the majors.

You know when you can call up early because the player is already so good, he outshines your other options at the majors level.

50 SI won't be it

Previous Page | Show All |