Help

Forum >> Help >> Call up or be patient?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't see any harm in it. He isn't that far from reaching his scouting / potential.

If you just needed a boost for the end of the season, could always send him back down for a bit more training later.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would wait, because he already has 1000 career major league ABs. He might not actually grow that much more at the major league level. As soon as I saw the SI I had the same reaction as Seca, but when I switched to major league stats I was shocked to see he already had that many major league ABs at 22 in addition to all those minor league ABs.

As an addendum, if you look at his growth, he actually appears to be gaining SI in the minors much faster than he did in his time in the majors. Look at his SI on the "League" stats page and you will note 4 SI growth per season, then look at his "Minor" league stats page and you will note 5-7 SI gain per season. Stick with what you are doing, it is hard, but it is working.

Updated Friday, October 16 2015 @ 12:37:33 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Aye. Totally missed his ML experience. Makes it a little dicier.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I made sure to stick him back in the minors when I claimed him. I'm just worried about demoting due to my inefficient offense and am thinking about trying every little thing I can to help it.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
You won't see much more growth in SI with his 1000 at bats. Would he be that much better than your current guy? He looks like he will be a high 14 (closer to 119) if you leave him in the minors. Otherwise, he'll stagnate close to where he is.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@garfscores, how can you predict that he has the potential to be a high 14? I'm not questioning your prediction; I'm honestly very interested in how you can predict inside the POT range.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock, my guess is that garf is extrapolating from the great hitter comment versus where the player's hitting is now. In other words hitting has 4-7 more points to gain, and since BC and PD are in roughly the same spot he's probably thinking 3-7 more points in those as well with maybe a point or two more in fielding and power as well. That would be high 14 potential. To be honest, given the player's development graph, it is same to assume that the player will max out with 18+ hitting, BC, and PD if properly developed.

Updated Friday, October 16 2015 @ 3:59:10 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hmm... I never felt comfortable making assumptions about PD and BC growth, but that is an interesting way to look at it.

So using that theory I should expect Moody to continue to grow in Plate Discipline, but his Bat Control is probably capped. And given his power pace is parallel to his hitting he is likely to gain a couple more points in power still.

Updated Friday, October 16 2015 @ 7:39:56 pm PDT
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Exactly what newt said. :)
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Gaining some ground on the 5th place team, so I'm less panicked now. Holding him still.

Previous Page | Show All |