Belf

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi folks, newbie here!
Let's get straight to the points:

1. Cities and Relocation
In the manual under "Teams", "City, Mascot, Logo & Color"
says:

City: The city where the major league team plays [ can not currently be changed ].

But under "Team Ownership":

Relocation
Teams can relocate to other cities during the off-season.

So the first one incorrect, right?
Also, I noticed that I could relocate my team even if it's not off-season (or it is?), maybe because I'm a new member, but in a limited numbers of cities :(
Will the list of available cities be larger during off-season? The fact is I want to set my team in Wichita, Kansas. There is any chance to do so?

2. Ballpark
I have absolutely no idea of the average ballparks outfield dimensions. I changed it, quite randomly and they are (left to right) : 340 - 375 - 420 - 380 - 330, walls: 10'
Are these dimesions "strange" or ok?

3. Stats & Matches
Yes, I realize that's a huge question.
But, you know, the humongous number of stats can be very confusing if you're not used to.
The question is "How can I read a match?" or in other words what are the essential stats I have to focus more to understand if my player performed well? At least for the firsts times.

That's all for now, although I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting something.
Sorry for the long post and the many questions, and thank you for your time. :)

Updated Thursday, October 8 2015 @ 6:43:08 am PDT
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome to Broken Bat!
Ad 1 - you can relocate and change stadium dimensions only during off-season or for (anyone correct me if I'm wrong) 20 days after you created a team.

Ad 2 - Your dimensions are pretty standard, stick with this for now, unless you are able to analyze your team quickly. When you get to know your team's strengths and weaknesses, you can try and tweak the ballpark to take advantage. Options are limitless, you can have stadium that hosts a home run derby each game, or a pitcher's park where balls fly out only if winds are good. It's all up to you though :)

Ad 3 - pretty hard to answer this question, baseball is a game of stats more than any other sport, and each and every manager pays more attention to different aspects. Some like to have power hitting teams and don't care about batting average, some play a running game and don't worry about home run totals. So I don't think this question can be answered before you decide how you want your team to play.
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome to the game!

Wichita looks like it should open up in less than a week. If you go to the search in the corner of the screen it will let you search for teams. I have done that several times looking for various cities.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What Dave didn't mention is that only one team is allowed per city, and that Wichita is currently taken, however as Dave mentioned the owner who currently has Wichita is about to go inactive, so it will become available shortly.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Welcome to broken bat o/

Each city can only have one team, so if Wichita currently has a team, you cannot move there.

This might help with sorting the stats: http://www.guysgirl.com/sports-news/sports-101/baseball-stats-explained

EDIT: Newt beat me to it :)

Updated Thursday, October 8 2015 @ 7:23:43 am PDT
Belf

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, thank you for the warm welcome and the quick replies! :D

Nice link Haselrig, I've also found a youtube channel with graphical description (which helps a lot) of most common statistic.

What a good news that Wichita will be available, unfortunately I was wrong in message #1, can't change it now. Just have to wait and hope nobody will take the team for this month. ;)
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
That franchise will stay in Wichita even when the owner goes inactive. However at the time it goes inactive, contact admin/Steve, and he can probably make the city available.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
No problem Belf. Hope it helped. I like the straight-forward explanations on that one better than some others I've found.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
About ballpark dimensions.

Find this website fun.
http://www.hittrackeronline.com/ballpark_overlay.php

Select "with range rings" to get a sense of the dimensions.

Previous Page | Show All |