Help

Forum >> Help >> Will This Player Be Stunted?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/85262

Called him up to be a regular starter this season... but at 23 and being recommended for AAA still, I've always wonder if I jumped the gun and gave him a call-up too early.

He's only 8 SI from his minimum for 14POT now, but who knows if the "not much room for improvement" message rears its ugly head?

Just want to hear from people who have more experience. What are the chances my decision was bad for his growth?

On the upside, he's winning me games at least.
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
He pitched a whole season in AAA and gained 10 si. The max you probably missed out on for si is 5. Do you really need him? He's young enough that he could spend a half season in AAA and still promote naturally before 25.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
How much SI he gained in his 2022 season isn't really relevant to him capping...?

Its hard to tell. He only needs 15 more to max and I doubt he will get the "not much room for improvement" this year. He might be. Of course you can never tell if a guy got stunted by 1 or 2 points, but then again that 1-2 points might not matter much.

If he does get the "not much room for improvement" message I'd send him down immediately as he is still young enough to gain training.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Do I really need him? Kinda...

I have 10 pitchers in my majors right now... that's pretty light as it is from what I've heard.

I could sign some bum free agents, but that will ensure I demote (as it is, it's going to be a struggle to stay at my current league level). I haven't had any luck on waiver claims on quality pitchers so far, but I do keep trying.

For the time being, I don't have better options... only worse ones.

Previous Page | Show All |