Help

Forum >> Help >> Rotation   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A recent waiver claim has brought me a crowded rotation, and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on a fifth starter.
I have Larsen in there because he is having a great year, but so is the current odd man out Garcia. Larsen's ERA is better, but maybe because he was dominant in the bullpen for the first portion of the season. The only reason I call this into question is because I am paying Garcia over a million dollars so I feel like I'd get the most bang for my buck starting him.
Maybe I'm overthinking this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Updated Sunday, October 4 2015 @ 11:20:59 am PDT

Updated Sunday, October 4 2015 @ 11:21:28 am PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
They're very similar pitchers. I wouldn't even consider their salaries because they're both cheap. While their skills are similar, there are two huge differences that should help you figure out who to use; I would make the decision each series. If you need a guy to go an extra couple of innings, use Garcia due to his extra 4 in stamina. The other thing that should help you out is Larson is a leftie and Garcia a rightie; if your opponent has vastly different stats vs. r or l, go with the better matchup.
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks very much Mike, that's very helpful.

Previous Page | Show All |