Help

Forum >> Help >> Minor to Major transition   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
thadmo2

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I currently have 2 guys (21yo and 23yo) who are in AAA but are recommended to go to Majors. If I am not going to play them regularly, should I leave them in minors to save $$$?

In both of their scouting reports, it says "he may have learned all he can at this level". Does that affect their speed of training? Or will they get more benefit from being in the Majors?
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If he learned all he can at AAA, don't count on him getting anything from training. Majors playing time is pretty much the only way to grow at this point.

They don't have to be everyday starters... but try to get them some time every week. For hitters, you can platoon... or setup backups in a way that ensures they get some ABs in there.

For pitchers, you could throw them in the pen if you're not confident in them as starters.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I still haven't figure out if its worse to have a bad guy in the lineup or in the pen. In the lineup the guy can only blow 1 game in 5. In the pen they can easily blow 2 games in 5...
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
The age of the players gives some flexibility. Since they are both fairly young, there isn't a huge rush to promote them (if you don't have a spot for them).

Both those players have benefitted well from their training and don't need a lot from experience gains to max out. Again, this gives you flexibility.

I don't think you can go wrong in this situation. Either option is fine, and the players will probably look very similar at the end of the season either way.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a similar thing last week, I chose to leave Repetto in AAA for one more week and he gained 3 SI - probably a best case scenario and he's been rewarded with a call up this week - use it as an experiment, promote one and leave the other, see who gains the most :)

Previous Page | Show All |