Help

Forum >> Help >> Roster Spot Help   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I made a decent claim on a young pitcher last night and I am too the point where it hurts to release somebody.
My top 2 candidates are: http://brokenbat.org/player/106576
and
http://brokenbat.org/player/92524
I know Cano is behind in his development, but I've always had this sense of hope with him since the day I signed him and never have wanted to give up on him.
Does anyone have a suggestion? I mean, I am open to cutting someone other than those two, including from my majors.

Updated Monday, September 21 2015 @ 9:30:29 am PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Seems an easy choice between those two. Sexton isn't going to be much of a Catcher. Nor is he going to be enough of an offensive threat to be a great DH or platoon 1B. Might be solid at those spots, but at only 12 POT, I think you can do better. Cano is certainly worth holding on to.
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you very much!
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
np o/
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Piggybacking a thread b/c the title fits. :)

I'm going to have to choose between these two guys at some point.

They are very similar. Which would you keep?

(My current thought is that 1 will be a slightly better player, but learning towards 2 b/c he is a year younger).
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow Seca, they are exceedingly similar. I also agree that Player #1 will probably be slightly better, and while I understand the year in age being why you'd lean towards #2, I'd go for the better prospect considering the age difference is 18 versus 17. Thus if forced to choose, I'd go with #1 (or cut #2).
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Is this for 2B or SS? Adams has a lot of innings at SS.

I'd probably go with Sims. He'll have a little less fielding but the increased arm will help if you do expect to play him some at SS.

Given they are both only "good" hitters I think power is going to be important. It means his discipline might be a little shaky, but I'd rather have power than discipline if a guy is only "good" at hitting. I suspect both of these guys will have decent bat control, but you never know how things will turn out.

I think the main tradeoffs are going to be:
fielding vs arm strength
power vs discipline

For me they both have sufficient fielding, so arm strength give Sims the edge. And I *think* I'm going to give power the edge in this case as well. So it looks like I'm backing Sims.

Of course its always possible Adams ends up with crazy good bat control and lousy discipline as well...
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Its for 2B. I have another 2B prospect in AA. Since I initially favoured Sims, I've had Adams training SS. But I'm not convinced I want to spend seasons developing a 7 arm SS.

Agree with what you both said. It was actually a casual glance at Prospect Rankings that has me reconsidering. That 1 year of age difference does have value - but how much value?

I had hoped to delay the decision for a season or 2 to get a better idea of how their BC/PD splits project. But I feel a roster crunch coming.

Thanks again for the feedback.
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Between last night's claim and this mornings draft pick, the roster is full. I need to make a cut so I'm really leaning towards the veteran lifer, gosh it would hurt to do(12 years with the team), but he has struggled this year: http://brokenbat.org/player/69905

It doesn't exactly have to be him, but I hate to cut away from my minors, unless someone sees a weak link down there.

Open to suggestions.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
With that arm I wouldn't be playing him in CF or RF - without looking at the rest of your roster I'd say let him go, and get a young guy in to take those AB's an gain SI

Previous Page | Show All |