Help

Forum >> Help >> my starting pitchers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
quakemaker

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
just wanted to see your guys' opinions on who would be the best starters for my team. I think the top three in my rotation are no-brainers, except maybe Luque because of his 10 stamina. Is 10 stamina generally enough? But, the 4 and 5 spots i'm really up the air about. DeJesús, Hudson, Figueroa, Robinson, and even my closer Rivera all are candidates imho. Who would be best for a team that really wants to advance?
mark41974

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks like some of your good young pitchers were called up before their time. I'd send them back for one. This season is not everything.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Mark, I would definitely put Alfredo DeJesús at his suggested level for the rest of this season, and would be very tempted to do the same with Marco Rivera.

As for the rotation I would go with: 1) Adrian Blevins, 2)Javier Luque, 3) Carl Johnson, 4)Xavier Hudson, and 5) either Federico Figueroa or another young guy who hasn't maxed out yet.

Note: By alternating pitchers with high stamina who have a chance to go most of the game with lower stamina starters who will need to be replaced earlier you will (hopefully) space out the days that will be taxing for your bullpen. This doesn't always work, as even the best starters get rocked early from time to time screwing it up in practice, but I still think it provides better results overall.

Edit: I highly suggest it for DeJesus because his growth already appears to have slowed, and looks like it will be stunted if he doesn't get back to the minors soon. Rivera I would do purely for precautionary reasons as his growth still appears healthy assuming he gains a few points in the next couple weeks.

Updated Sunday, September 20 2015 @ 9:32:32 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |