Help

Forum >> Help >> Evaluate Minors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I just started playing this game a couple of months ago. When I got the team the minor league system hadn't been touched in ages. I have made some changes and would like an outsider to look in and evaluate my players in the minors. Just wanted to see if I'm keeping the right guys, or if I am totally off base(excuse the pun). Also, need to know if there's something specific I need to be looking for, or something I need to stay away from. Hope I'm making sense.
I realize it's early in the game for me so it's not gonna look great anytime soon, but I don't wanna waste any time on players I shouldn't.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally, I think you're doing well. I would train Oscar Munoz at OF. He would be best used as a backup because he doesn't have good hitting.
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I appreciate that input, and I think you're right about Munoz. I tell ya, it's hard to pick a last place team and bring them up to contenders. I might've bit off more than I can chew, but I love a challenge. The way this game is set up is realistic, which I like. You can't just make your team a success over night.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Looks pretty good to me overall. Just a few comments:

Munoz - Train him as SS, he'll be a good SS defensively, although his hitting is really bad...

Cueto - He can be a good hitter, but he is really only going to be able to play 1B given he has no range and no arm strength. That means he will have more SI in his hitting, which is good. He just can't really play any of the positions he is currently trained in.

J. Edwards - I don't love Edwards overall makeup, but either way he definitely shouldn't be at 3B with that low arm strength. Could be ok at 2B, but I'd prefer a player with a better batting prognosis.

Franklin - Has kind of a week arm for C.

Zepeda - he has a lot of SI in Range and Arm which is a waste for a pitcher. He doesn't have velocity or movement called out as good by the scouts. That probably means he will have good CoS and Control, but I personally prefer guy to have at least one good report on velocity or movement.

If you pick up a player at 20 or younger you should have time to retrain them to another position. I'd scour the market for a good arm to train at C. You can also train Humphrey up as an emergency backup C option, but really he should be your 3B of the future.

It also might be good to find a rangy guy you can play at SS. Munoz is really your only SS option in your minors, and his hitting scout report concerns me.

You have some good batting prospect on the team, but overall I would try to slowly upgrade when you can get your hands on guys with slightly better hitting scout reports.
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock that was super helpful and I greatly appreciate such a thorough evaluation. Sounds like I've got a lot to think about. Thanks again.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Building up your minors is a multi-season effort. You have a good start. Soon you'll be in the position where you'll have to drop guys you don't want to just to get better guys on the squad.

Previous Page | Show All |