Help

Forum >> Help >> Prospect Ranking   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
robinsmd

Loveland Tigers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
Could someone inform me how the new prospect rantings are calculated?

Also, are these ratings accurate? for example... if prospect A has a better rating than prospect B, will prospect A definitely be better than prospect B?
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you are talking about the scouting reports, that's their potential. They could fail to reach that though.

Prospect A could have the potential to be a 112 SI player versus B who only has the potential to be 98... but with poor management and/or bad luck, A can end up stopping at 96 while B reaches his 98.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe the prospect rating is a lose rating based on age, SI and maybe POT. It is not super accurate, and definitely not enough to say prospect A is better than prospect B as it doesn't take into account the particular distribution of SI. If you have a guy rated 68 and a guy rated 35 then the 68 is probably better. If you have a guy rated 42 and a guy rated 35 then I would look at their individual skills, etc.
robinsmd

Loveland Tigers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Rock... that helped. I guess my biggest reason for the question is that my full 50 man roster is full... but on Fridays when I can draft a new player, I have to release someone on my roster first. I want to release any minor leaguer who doesn't really have a shot at contributing in the big leagues, so I'm guessing cutting one of the prospects with the lowest prospect rating is the way to go.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh that thing... I keep forgetting it exists since I never use it xP

Before cutting your prospects, what about washed up major leaguers?

You have a few old (30+ yo) players who were only 11 pot to begin with. Can't imagine they're providing you much value.

Previous Page | Show All |