Help

Forum >> Help >> increase money   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Comet2003

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How do you raise or adjust finances like get your team out of the neg. I released all of my expensive players?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
The 3 things in your control are:

- player salaries
- manager salary
- ballpark size

If you've released your expensive players and properly sized your ballpark, there isn't much more you can do.

It is friday, which means you've paid the bills for the week but received no income. Your finances screen is going to look really bad today (mine, for example, is sitting at an 11 million loss for the season). We still haven't had a full week of league games. Check the finances page again on Thursday. Hopefully it is a little happier.
Comet2003

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you for help. That makes me feel a lil better.
Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Have a look at your minors too.

You have 9 players on the $0.5m salary band who won't be ready for a few years and are costing you $4.5m a year between them until they are.

You should be able to fill your entire minor league roster for less than that with players from free agency that in most cases will probably amount to more.

20 x potential-12 free agents @ $0.2m each will only cost $4m. I'd suggest you print out the section from the manual that covers the attributes required to play a position and find a good fit for each on the market. Go for 22-23 year olds who will develop further in training and therefore be ready for promotion to the majors in 2-3 season's time.

You can probably operate with fewer players in the majors too to save even more money. There's a mechanism in place to ensure you never sustain so many injuries as to not be able to field a full team.

Good luck!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Don't drop Hughes though. Maybe consider training him at 3B.

Might be worth bringing Cuéllar up now. He's a little old for the minors.
Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock makes a good point on Hughes - there's your 3B right there.

I'd personally axe Cuellar rather than call him up though. He's spent too little time in the minors and his control's poor. You can probably find better in FA if you need to, but you have a lot of major league pitchers as is.

Previous Page | Show All |