Help

Forum >> Help >> Position assignment   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
farmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is minor leaguer Saez best fit for 2nd base?
Thanks
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
There is not much time to train him at 24 tears old. His range isn't ideal for ss or 2B. Since he's already got a small 2B and 3B I would pick one of those positions and go for it. He's behind overall and may never peak which is probably why he was available. If his offense ability meets expectations you will want him in the lineup. If it doesn't he might be useful as a utility infielder. Tough call without knowing what other players you have for 2B and 3B.
farmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the input. He hit nicely in spring training. Was thinking keep him around as long as I have roster space. I think his arm is too weak to play 3b and I don't have a 2b in minors.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
He is behind, but I think he is a good risk vs. reward prospect.

His best position might actually be 1B. Given what you said about not having a 2B prospect, I would probably train him there. (His range is low for the position, but maybe you can make that up elsewhere). The nice thing about 1B is that it isn't all that demanding or painful to learn at the major league level. So long as his fielding comes up a bit.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Could be a great hitter if he pans out. Like Seca said, he might be better off at 1B in the long term. His range isn't optimal, but there are much worse 2B out there. He had the little 2b since before stat tracking was instituted and it looks like he has a little bit of training at 2B since he got 2b. I'd keep going with it. Having him as an option at 2B will be useful. Once his fielding gets up there, he'll be able to play 1B even without experience at the position.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think I like defense a little more than the average owner, but I'd still have no problem playing him at second. While his range isn't great, it's not horrible either. Also, being a left-handed fielder, he will be penalized slightly at first. All my comments above are assuming he gets to at least 14 fielding. 13 puts him in the gray area where he doesn't really fit anywhere better than anywhere else. 12 pushes him to first or the outfield depending on the rest of your team, but he should exceed that.
farmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for all the input. At what point is a player considered to have good range?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Depends on position.

OF and middle infield would be 17+.
Corner infield 13+.
C and DH 0+.

That's good. Good is above average. It is what you are shooting for.

Range does function as an aggregate. Does lead to a few cool possibilities. Ie., a 19 range SS with a 13 range 2B gives a middle infield with 16 range. If your lad does turn out, would be good to pair him witha big range SS or CF.
farmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Like with Hasbee

Previous Page | Show All |