Help

Forum >> Help >> Release Restriction   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DoDo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When I went to release some players, I hovered the mouse over the release button and it said "this player can't be released when owner is in release restriction". What is release restriction?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
From the manual:

For new team owners, there is a restriction on releasing players above a certain quality. This is done to protect the new owner from making serious mistakes while starting out. It is also designed to prevent others from acting nefariously.

Updated Sunday, September 6 2015 @ 10:49:35 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You already made some good cuts and you've got plenty of room to start picking up some good replacements for the chaff you've got now. I'm not sure when the cutoff is, but you'll be able to drop the rest later.

Updated Sunday, September 6 2015 @ 10:52:57 am PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Which player are you prevented from cutting and why do you want to cut him?

Steve
thadmo2

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have the same problem right now. I'm starting in league 6 and have some good players (expensive) that I need to release in order to make money. One guy is 3.45M and 3 pitchers are around 2M each I lost 2 Million dollars from the time I joined up until yesterday (1 update).

I heard in the lower leagues you don't want to pay anyone over 1.5M...is that a good guideline?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
No, I don't think that is a very good guideline.

Most lower division teams are well served developing young players. If a good chunk of your roster is making the league minimum, a team can easily handle a few larger salaries.

Try not to look at your finances too much early in the season. Right now it's basically all expenses and no income. Looks worse then it is (I hope .... I've lost 7 million already this season :) ).

Edit - not telling you to hold on to over-priced oldies with the above statement. Definitely should be thinking about your finances. The actual finances tab is a horror story for everyone ATM.

Updated Sunday, September 6 2015 @ 5:54:46 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |