Help

Forum >> Help >> Range/Arm   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So it's possible he could have the range for 2B?

And does that only count from ML games or does doing his training in the minors help make those ratings more accurate at all?

He was generated at 3B, but with 6 scouted arm, I can't see that being good enough for me at that position even if his actual arm was the maximum it could be (because that would only up it a point or two).

I'm gonna have him train at 2B while in the minors and keep my fingers crossed. If that doesn't pan out, but he's good enough offensively to keep, I'll just stick him at 1B because he won't hurt much as he learns the position, I imagine.

Updated Friday, September 4 2015 @ 10:07:31 am PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I don't like that build. You'd mostly only want to play him at 1B, but that much fielding is kind of wasted at 1B. Does he have good batting ratings? Because if he does, then the fielding certainly won't hurt at 1B. Also, he can always play DH if he is a good batter.

I wouldn't play him as 2B. That bad range is going to have a major impact on the defense of your whole team. For mid-fielders (SS, 2B, CF) I generally try to get very high range.

EDIT: I'm guessing that you mean that 22 year old in rookie ball. He's got a long ways to go development wise, but if he does pans out he would make a pretty good 1B. I'd just start training him at 1B now. He'll never be a good 2B.

Updated Friday, September 4 2015 @ 10:21:50 am PDT
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I just wish his fielding projection was lower. It feels silly to have that much at 1st and also makes me worried he won't get that good offensively. I'm thinking best case something like 16 hitting, 15 slugging and 12 bat control/plate discipline which should put up good numbers (I think) but hard to guess the unscouted ones.

If he was only gonna get like a 10 in fielding that would give me like 5-7 more offensive points and make him a lot more useful.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
@Crazy

His range will NOT get better.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What Spoon said about range possibly being inaccurate by up to 20% when drafted I remember seeing as well, but for reference I've never seen it adjust upwards, only down... it seems the scouts only seem to overestimate range, almost never do they seem to underestimate it.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I've seen it go up. Tho I would agree it is more common to see a decrease. I have also only ever seen a correction of a single point.

I agree with Rock777 and the OP that the player would be much more interesting if he had atrocious fielding. 1B is his best option, and he's a bit from my template there too.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I seen it go up and down since I've been logging my players judiciously the last 2 seasons.

I'm not sure I'd count on it going up enough to be comfortable to play a position though.

As far as Fielding at 1B, I favor high defense everywhere, so I personally value that over having a better bat at first.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not terribly worried. I don't tend to have high hopes for 12 pots. If he impresses me offensively, he can make the team. If not, he'll be dropped.

Oh and as far as 2B range is concerned... I probably really want a minium of 14, right? Hoping for 10 is probably massively undershooting.

Updated Friday, September 4 2015 @ 2:27:32 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think everyone will give you a different minimum range. There isn't enough information for us to really know what a minimum number would be. But in generally, I would look for at least 15. 14 seems like a reasonable min, but definitely much more than 10.
gadzooks

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He would make an excellent ball boy! (let him go)

Previous Page | Show All |