Help

Forum >> Help >> Player development   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sadman

Shamokin Hot Chili's
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi guys and girls.

Can anyone tell me if I play a non-major league player (rookie - AAA) in my starting major league line-up, do they develop their skill level up faster?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Players improve their skills through training and experience. By playing him in the majors, he'll earn experience and improve quickly. The major catch is that he probably won't reach his potential due to the training he'll miss. In most instances, you should keep him in the recommended level.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
What Mike is saying is generally the best advise to give new players. However, once you get more experience with the game you may be able to identify AAA players who would still be able to reach their max even if they are promoted before the recommendation.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Sometimes it's not a bad idea to pop a player up to the majors for a week or two if he seems close to major level, particularly if you have some injuries. That way he'll get big league experience, and you can send him back down to get him back to training more once your other players get healthy. Do be aware that this will pop a player's salary to $0.5M from $0.2M if he has never played in the majors.

Previous Page | Show All |