Help

Forum >> Help >> Playing out of position   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
thadmo2

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there any penalty for playing players out of position? I noticed some players have secondary positions, but if I wanted to play an OF at C or an infield position, could I do that or would they play worse for having no experience playing there?
EchoBravo34

Sioux City Catfish
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Their defense would be worse. As a player learns a new position he will get better. It's best to position switch in the minors if you can. However, sometimes you have to bite the bullet and train them at their new position in the majors. It's a personal decision over whether getting the player in the position you want him to play is worth the poor defense you can expect until he learns the position.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It takes roughly ~2 full seasons (300 games) to train a player at a new position to full position eligibility. During that time expect many errors and decreased defensive performance.

Note: it can take significantly less time if they are starting out with some experience which it is impossible to see since the only visible changes are from no positon letters to lower case and finally to caps.

Previous Page | Show All |