Help

Forum >> Help >> Torres...   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi.

I have this pitcher in my system who has turned 25 but is still playing at A level.
http://brokenbat.org/player/99625
Can't decide what to do with him. I don't want to cut him because he's not so bad and is from Guam, which goes well with my aim to assemble the most diverse team in BB (nationality-wise). I'm actually ready to promote him to majors and see what happens, but I've read somewhere that people sometimes give such players an extra year in minors (although from personal experience it doesn't really help much - left this guy for an extra year in minors and he only popped 2 SI points).

Any advice is appreciated. :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That might work with a guy in AAA, but the problem is with a 25 year old his recommended level is going to be the majors. So you have no idea where his ideal minors level would be.

At 25 you probably need to find out if this guy can make the grade. I'd pop him up to the majors and see if he can hack it. He could also gain a lot of SI this year if he gets enough innings in the majors.

Updated Saturday, August 29 2015 @ 7:36:05 am PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm amoung those who have suggested giving players like that an extra season in the minors. The idea, in part, is to squeeze out a little more training. The other part is that guys like that sometimes don't respond great to experience. (Although they are recommended for the majors, some seem like their internal clock isn't there yet.).

I'm doing that this season with Madrigal. Madrigal does have a bigger gap between current and potential than Torres. I also don't have a spot for him on the ML roster.

If you have room and sime innings for Torres,I would bring him up.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
If you think you're going to challenge for promotion then leave him in the minors until that isn't an option. If its a holding pattern season for you then give him as many innings as you can and see if he's one of those guys who can gain 20-30 SI in a season
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Thank you guys, I guess I'll wait for waivers period to be over and if I don't sign any more pitchers, I'll bring Torres up. There's a couple of underperforming guys I can safely release to give him a spot.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well if you wait for the transfer period to be over, then the season will be pretty much done. This isn't futball...
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't mean transfer period, I mean the early season waiver craze. :) Which is pretty much over, with most of the decent free agents already signed.
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd give him 1 other season in the minors and then try the callup.
Otherwise, if your team gets promoted or battles for the title, next year you'll be tempted to drop him in favor of someone else more skilled.
Nothing wrong with this clearly, but you spoke about a desire to have a melting pot as a team.

Previous Page | Show All |