Help

Forum >> Help >> Okay, I'm confused by this guy.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I picked up this guy on waivers last season. http://brokenbat.org/player/97928

He started out in A, never popped, and last week he was recommended for AA. He's only been there for 7ish days and now he's recommended for the majors.

I'm... baffled. What happened? I was planning on dropping him but now I'm curious to see if he could hit his potential. Is it possible? Do I play him and see what he can achieve? I'm revamping my OF other than Villegas so I do have 2 spots open.
mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Promotion to the majors is based on age, once a player hits 25 years old he gets the nod.

As for the pop from A to AA, I have a theory that placement of a player is a function of age, potential and current SI. I've noticed this after some training updates were say player A with 13 pot hits X SI he moves up to AA, but player B with also 13 pots needs Y SI to move to AA. Sorry I don't have specific examples at the moment. Again remember that is it just a theory.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
As mcrmoe said - mostly based on age, but with his potential if he's left in AA he'll miss out plenty of seasons in the majors - if I was in LL6 with him I'd play him every day in RF, don't let anyone pinch hit for him and get him 600PA per season, should gain plenty of SI although the results might not be there to start with

Updated Tuesday, August 25 2015 @ 12:46:09 am PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I gave up on Park for all the reason you talked about Mcdoogle. He's a stubborn 13 trapped in a 15s body. He'll likely never reach his potential, but his talent makes you give him more chances than he deserves. He could still be a good player, but I wanted him as a catcher and he failed to pick up even a small c in all the time I had him or really improve his SI at all. Cutting him was a relief. I'm less and less a fan of the 25 year old recommended for the majors out of A or AA. I've had my share and most disappoint.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the answer guys. I didn't even think about the age thing.

@Haselrig

I have been disappointed by him, but he'll probably see playing time depending on how waivers goes. I'm interested in seeing what he could ending up maxing out at.

Previous Page | Show All |