Help

Forum >> Help >> Finances   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sadman

Shamokin Hot Chili's
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi everyone.

I am a new player to this game and have played about 1/2 a season. I was really happy with my team after releasing guys and signing new guys and didnt have any players over 2 or 3 million dollars. However, my bank balance continues to plummet even with rising crowd levels and I know its the player salaries killing me. I cant figure out what to do as releasing any of my players will still result in a replacement around the same price. What can I do? Should I release all my rookies or something?
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What I did, considering the current talent level and the salaries, was basically cut everyone making over 1.5 mil and replacing them with major league ready talent (though vastly inferior) players. It made a lot of money, even if it wound up resulting in a few 50 win seasons.

Again, this was my own personal strategy, so you shouldn't try this yourself unless you're okay with seasons with a really poor record.

The FA market does have a lot of okay players for far cheaper, if you want to replace for financial reasons while still giving you some freedom to possibly find competitive players.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I noticed you have 10 players that are currently making over 2 million, and 6-7 of them are your pitchers.

that's alot of salary for a team with only 24k seats in League 6. I would try and replace your 4 oldest pitchers first (they're making 10m between the 4 of them) with cheaper players, plus with them being 32+ they're going to decline in skill.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Expanding on what Mcdoogle said, you don't need 3 mil dollar pitchers. Limit your search under 2 mil.

I'd cut Martin and Caroll and start the other SS and 3B on your roster. Martin and Caroll are terrible defensively. Playing them actually hurts your pitching.

I'd also find a replacement for Virgil in the OF.

Also checked your minors. While you won't save a lot, I'd look for 13 potential players to replace these guys who will never be able to help you:
Bresciani, Lefebvre, Encarnacion, Sutton, Nicholson, Zamora, D Gonzales, and C Gonzales. They are 10 and 11 potential players. They won't ever be good enough! Find 12+, preferably 13+! And draft college players who will be ready sooner.
sadman

Shamokin Hot Chili's
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Thankyou everyone! These tips are extremely helpful and I will start right now. Awsome!

Previous Page | Show All |